Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I just LOVE the new scanner!




Ok, I'm not a electronic gadget wizard by a long shot. I was so excited when I got a digital camera and realized after weeks I could take a video. But my good friend, Chris, just passed off a scanner and I've been having fun the last couple of days, scanning poems and cards. Here are two of my favorite.

The flower was made by first taking a photograph, then placing it under a sheet of mica and etching the picture on it. Then I glued it over a beautiful rose colored handmade paper, once it dried I cut around the outer etching, added glitter glue to the inside lines. Next, I layered the black background with mulberry paper "leaves" and glued the flower on top of it.

The second is one of my favorite sympathy poems. Each time I do this card it's a litte different because of the papers, but I always try to make them look like a fabric one might find in a quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment