Sunday, January 9, 2011

Win a Wedding Poem!

Some of the best poems I've written have been around themes. They're fun and rewarding, but most of all challenging! I've done themes based on flowers, rivers, butterflies, bridges and roads, hobbies and even frogs! to name a few.

I'm in the mood for a challenge! If you could pick any theme for your wedding poem, what would it be and why? Is it the tree you carved your initials on, or do you both like horses, or maybe it's the ocean and the beach, or your favorite color, a flower. Be creative!

To enter, simply leave me a comment about the theme you'd like your poem to be written around and why. Be sure to include an email address so I can notify you if you win.

Here's what the last winner had to say- about her poem

"my postage package was the poem!!!! thank u soooo much!!!!!! it is absolutely gorgeous!!!! im lookin for a frame w/o borders so I can see the corner markers!!! im putting on display @ the wedding!!!! The hubby is going to love it!!!!!" Shay C

The winner will be chosen and notified on, what else?....February 14th!
Remember, be creative!

8 comments:

  1. we met when he delivered a load of mulch to my house...
    if you could write a poem about that you can do anything!
    I wouldn't hold you to that topic should I win though :)

    dinnertimechimes at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, well that's def. a challenge. I would write one about mulch, but give you the option for another as well. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. a friend of mine is engaged, and they met at college so I think something about college or class would be great!

    -Lauren
    lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have a poem for our wedding based on our favorite activity... karaoke! Alex proposed over karaoke (in a private room) and he sang all of "The Book of Love" by Peter Gabriel, and then got down on one knee! It was amazing. If we could have a poem created around the theme of singing, it would mean a lot to us! We are happy, silly people, just like a love song :)
    Amy
    Amyjlustig at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my fiancee and I met at the perfect time. We went to highschool together, college together and worked together for 2 years before our first date. Even though most people wish they could have met the love of their lives sooner, Patrick and I had about 10 years of that opportunity, but God in his infinite wisdom knows that timing, as well as compatibility, is crucial for any relationship. I honestly don't think either one of us would have been ready for each other had we met sooner! But now we are getting married and hope to spend the rest of our lives together and I can not be happier!
    kate.lanier AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great contest...I have been trying to find something poetic about my fiance and I but just can't seem to figure it out. However, we actually met by chance online, met in person through a joke and love sports...we have both overcome a lot of family medical issues and loss together though. My brother was murdered a few months before I met him and when my father had a heart attack he was definitely there for me. If I win I should probably let you choose the topic! :-) You are the poet afterall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. To "woman in training" I hope you stop back in and please leave your email address!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Melinda,

    My fiance and I met working in the same restaurant together. I think our story is based on fate and destiny because I circled this job in a newspaper along with 5 others and ended up getting the job! On the way there I was lost and so frustrated that I almost gave up on it all but thankfully, I didn't.
    My email is Hollimac19@hotmail.com.

    Thank you,

    Nichole

    ReplyDelete